#14: CTSNet Beat Podcast: CT Training Models, Postop Day 1 Discharge After Lobectomy, and Overview of Anatomy for Robotic Lobectomy
This Beat episode, hosted by Brian Mitzman MD, general thoracic surgeon with the University of Utah in Salt Lake City, focuses two recent publications and also a featured video on CTSNet. First, Dr Mitzman discusses a recent JTCVS expert opinion from Dr Craig Baker of USC discussing traditional and integrated models for cardiothoracic surgery training. He then dives into a recent Annals publication from the team at University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center which analyzes the STS General Thoracic Database and evaluates postoperative day 1 discharge after lobectomy. Lastly, Dr Mitzman reviews a CTSNet featured video from Drs Watkins and Servais in Boston, where they run through tips and tricks for all five robotic lobectomies. For more information on this episode's topics, links are provided:
- Baker CJ. What is the optimal cardiothoracic surgery residency model? JTCVS Open. 2021; In Press. doi:10.1016/j.xjon.2021.01.012
- Towe CW, Thibault DP, Worrell SG, et al. Factors associated with successful postoperative day one discharge following anatomic lung resection. Ann Thorac Surg. 2021; In Press. doi:10.1016/j.athoracsur.2020.07.059
- Zhao K, Zhang J, Li S. Discharge on POD1 after anatomic lung resection to be treated with caution. Ann Thorac Surg. 2021; In Press. doi:10.1016/j.athoracsur.2020.12.094
- Towe CW, Worrell SG, Finley DJ, et al. One day is here to stay. Ann Thorac Surg. 2021;In Press. doi:10.1016/j.athoracsur.2021.03.020
- Linden PA, Perry Y, Worrell SG et al. Postoperative day 1 discharge after anatomic lung resection: A Society of Thoracic Surgeons database analysis. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2020;159:667-678. doi:10.1016/jtcvs.2019.08.038
- Watkins A, Servais E. Robotic Lobectomy: Review of Anatomy and Technique for RUL, RML, RLL, LUL, and LLL.